For a long time I wanted to compile a list of books that I find very helpful in keeping my body healthy. Some of them literally changed my life and the way I look at certain foods.
It’s sad that we didn’t learn this information in the university during our 6-year long pharmacy program.
Note that I didn’t include any books on meditation/positive thinking/NLP/hypnosis. The books below explain mostly what you should/shouldn’t eat, how much you should move and the lightning conditions of your environement.
The books are sorted by the priority of reading. The most valuable come first.
So here it goes:
- How Not to Die by Michael Greger
- Breath by James Nestor
- The 4-Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss
- Optimal Eyesight by Esther van der Werf
- The Plant-Based Athlete by Matt Frazier
- The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson
- The Wim Hof Method by Wim Hof
- The Toxic Tooth by Robert Kulacz
- Cure Tooth Decay by Ramiel Nagel
You probably noticed that I included books advocating vegan and paleo lifestyles. In some areas they contradict each other. The most important point from both worlds is – eat more vegies and eliminate processed food, especially sugar, white wheat flour, refined oils. For the last 8 years I was following mostly paleo diet with some amazing results. For the last 8 days – mostly vegan. And I feel even better being vegan.